What a difference a week, or two, make in every detail of our lives. We are all making efforts to protect our communities, to show love to all God's children via sacrificing for the sake of health. As Pastor Matt said last Sunday, God uses these things to develop our character. It's not that he sent COVID-19 to teach a lesson, it's that He will use our response to it to use our "suffering to produce perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope" (Romans 5:3).
SAF.Church is still on mission, even if our methods have changed! We still invest in body, mind, and spirit because of God's grace:
- WAC is still serving our community with a public food pantry each Tuesday from 10am - 2pm,
- Small groups continue to meet to facilitate "transformation through the renewing of the mind" (Romans 12:2),
- Sunday service is being broadcasted each week and the leadership team is flooding social media with posts to help encourage the spirit, guide us in the time, and call attention to the work God is doing through the community as we navigate this surreal season of life.
Here are two places we highly recommend browsing for information help us all to be alone together.
1. Join a small group! Visit saf.churchcenter.com/groups. All groups are meeting online and there are quite a few to choose from. Some groups are on hiatus, but there are still many open for you to dive into.
2. Join our Facebook group: SAF Community Board. It's a group linked to the SAF Facebook page, and it's a place where we can share helpful info, shout out thanks to one another, post a need, or give a testimony.
We are praying for you. We are rooting for you. We are here for you.
© San Antonio First Church of the Nazarene 2019